An Alternative to Sandals for Exuma
26. June 2014
Have you been researching vacation options at Sandals Exuma Resort, also known as Sandals Emerald Bay? If you have but aren’t sure if an all-inclusive resort is the right choice for you, keep reading to find out some of the benefits you may find beyond the Sandals compound gates:
- Authenticity. A packaged vacation can be wonderful, but it does incentivize visitors to engage primarily (often exclusively) in on-property activities. That means you’ll come to Great Exuma, but may not really get to know its beauty, its people, and its culture. Because we love this island, we encourage all visitors to get out and explore, regardless of where you stay. If you choose Sandals, think about booking a car rental or an island tour that will get you out and about with the locals.
- Cost. Sandals prices start at over $300 per person, per night, and rise quickly with room choice. Depending on what you expect to use, this can be a good deal or not. Not into golf? Don’t need a large number of on-site restaurants when only two are open at a time? Interested in tours and events, but not sure you’ll have the money left to pay for them? You may want to consider accommodations that empower you to prioritize activities and save.
- Personality. Each venue has a different feel, and finding the right match can make the difference between a nice stay and a memorable one. The island accommodations run the gamut from luxury to laid back. Hideaways, for example, is owned and operated by the Francis family with the help of a cadre of hand-picked staff. We pride ourselves on offering a casual atmosphere where guests can truly relax and feel at home. Our amenities lean toward fun, not ultra-fancy—but for many of our guests, that’s the key to chilling out!
Some people are made for all-inclusive packages. Others will do better going it alone. Most are probably somewhere in between—and that’s where we fit in.
At Hideaways, we provide an inviting middle ground between an all-inclusive resort and a private home rental. A Hideaways Beachfront cottage or villa includes our sandy beach, two pools, water sports equipment, fitness facility, on-site restaurant, and more. Helpful staff is always available. Whether you’ve lost your keycard or want directions to some “must see” local spots, trust us to take care of you in style.
Even if you’re destined for another Exuma rental location—and there are many quality options to meet varying preferences and budget—always feel free to drop in and see us at the Splash! Bar and Grill while you’re here. We’d be happy to have you.
- Welcome to Great Exuma Island….
- Bird Watching in the Exumas
- Tropical, Beach Front Resort vs. Home Sharing Rentals
- Dining, Entertainment, & Dancing
- The Exuma Island's Upcoming Events
- Little Exuma Island – Lots to Offer!
- A Unique Exuma Excursion Experience
- What to Pack for Your Visit
- Bahamas Beachfront Inspiration
- Save on Your Exuma Vacation
- Summer Break on Exuma
- Bahamian Junkanoo in July
- Independent Exuma Exploration
- Exuma is a Premier Beach Wedding Destination
- Bahamian Snorkel and Dive Vacations for All Skill Levels
- 2014 National Family Island Regatta
- Hillside Seclusion and Savings!
- Secrets of the Exumas Revealed
- The Exuma Villa Rental Question Resort or Private
- Bonefishing in the Exumas
- Lovely Vacations on Great Exuma
- Requirements for a Great Vacation
- An Exuma Holiday Vacation
- Hideaways Resort Upgrades
- Why Choose Exuma
- Heading South on Great Exuma
- Hideaways Takes a Short Break
- Return of the Lobster on Exuma
- 3 Words to Sound Like a Bahamian
- After Booking a Beach Front Rental
- A Better Day on the Water
- Exuma Vacation Rentals for Families
- New Year, New Look, New Presence