An Exuma Holiday Vacation
14. December 2013
Dreaming of a white sand Christmas?
Many of our guests join us for the holidays, whether for the Canadian or American Thanksgiving that just passed, the upcoming Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s celebrations, or the other holidays that pepper international calendars throughout the year.
Travelling for the winter holidays does seem to up the ante, making it all the more important to find the right fit for your family or group. What does Great Exuma, and specifically Hideaways, have to offer in December?
- Relaxed Christmas day dining PLUS a Boxing Day blowout. At the Splash! Bar and Grill, we’re doing Christmas dinner with all the trimmings in our casual environment. Come as you are, and don’t worry about the cooking. What more could you want? The next day, we’ll be putting on a Boxing Day party to celebrate this important Bahamian holiday.
- Junkanoo. This year, the Exuma Tourism Bureau is bringing us a taste of Nassau. Junkanoo, usually scheduled for Boxing Day (December 26th), will instead be on Saturday, December 28th. That way, members of the world famous Nassau troops can join our local talent, enhancing this already festive occasion of brass, drums, costumes, and dancing. If you’ve always wanted to see Nassau Junkanoo (featured in After the Sunset with Pierce Brosnan and Salma Hayek), but to do so without the urban location, you can experience it here instead.
- New Year’s parties and fireworks. Our friends next door will be setting off a fireworks display at midnight, and other venues on the island are doing the same. There are many options at many price points—from a champagne-infused menu of haute cuisine to a yacht club dance party—to ring in the New Year. Our staff can help you find the right one for your night.
The holidays are a time to enjoy family and friends, and we’re happy that so many of you choose to celebrate them with us. Have a wonderful season!
- Dining, Entertainment, & Dancing
- The Exuma Island's Upcoming Events
- Little Exuma Island – Lots to Offer!
- A Unique Exuma Excursion Experience
- What to Pack for Your Visit
- Bahamas Beachfront Inspiration
- Save on Your Exuma Vacation
- Summer Break on Exuma
- Bahamian Junkanoo in July
- Independent Exuma Exploration
- An Alternative to Sandals for Exuma
- Exuma is a Premier Beach Wedding Destination
- Bahamian Snorkel and Dive Vacations for All Skill Levels
- 2014 National Family Island Regatta
- Hillside Seclusion and Savings!
- Secrets of the Exumas Revealed
- The Exuma Villa Rental Question Resort or Private
- Bonefishing in the Exumas
- Lovely Vacations on Great Exuma
- Requirements for a Great Vacation
- Hideaways Resort Upgrades
- Why Choose Exuma
- Heading South on Great Exuma
- Hideaways Takes a Short Break
- Return of the Lobster on Exuma
- 3 Words to Sound Like a Bahamian
- After Booking a Beach Front Rental
- A Better Day on the Water
- Exuma Vacation Rentals for Families
- New Year, New Look, New Presence