Hideaways Resort Upgrades
13. November 2013
Hideaways reopened in October, but it seems like only days since we welcomed resort guests and owners for another season. Guess it’s high time for an update about the changes we made back in September.
As promised, 2013 has been a year of enhancements for Hideaways and the Palm Bay Beach Club in general. Closing for a few weeks gave us the chance to tackle some big, messy projects.
We’re most proud of the completely reworked pool and beachfront area. Some necessary pipe repairs at the beachfront pool spawned extensive efforts to improve the “lounge-ability” of our waterfront. We cleared the view, so the back of our (vibrantly repainted!) main building now opens onto a turquoise vista. In the photo, you can see the reconfigured pool area in the foreground and the newly manicured and enclosed sandy beach beyond. It’s become a spot worth lingering, complete with built-in shade structures, lounge furniture, umbrellas, and more.
New fencing ensures guests-only access to these cozy settings. Additionally, we’re installing solar panels on the adjacent roof at Splash! to keep winter pool temperatures comfortably warm.
As you can see from the second photo, it was dirty work for the team, but we hope you enjoy the results.
For those who tire of waterside relaxation, we’ve got you covered, too. The fitness center is finally finished and stocked with the equipment you need to fit in your workout away from home. And Splash! is open with more events than ever.
Although much of the off-season work was designed to augment guests’ experiences, we also did some behind-the-scenes upgrades. We relocated our fire suppression systems for better water pressure and added new security fences and gates. Security personnel will now be on hand 24/7. Great Exuma remains a safe and welcoming destination, but we are pleased to provide visitors wTith an extra level of comfort and to ensure someone is available at all times in case of emergency.
Beyond Hideaways, Great Exuma itself is full of activity. Work continues on the new George own Hospital, and we hear it should open sometime in the New Year. There have been some additions to the restaurant and recreation options, too, so check with us upon your arrival for more ideas for where to go and what to do.
In the meantime, have a happy holiday season wherever you may be!
- The Exuma Island's Upcoming Events
- Little Exuma Island – Lots to Offer!
- A Unique Exuma Excursion Experience
- What to Pack for Your Visit
- Bahamas Beachfront Inspiration
- Save on Your Exuma Vacation
- Summer Break on Exuma
- Bahamian Junkanoo in July
- Independent Exuma Exploration
- An Alternative to Sandals for Exuma
- Exuma is a Premier Beach Wedding Destination
- Bahamian Snorkel and Dive Vacations for All Skill Levels
- 2014 National Family Island Regatta
- Hillside Seclusion and Savings!
- Secrets of the Exumas Revealed
- The Exuma Villa Rental Question Resort or Private
- Bonefishing in the Exumas
- Lovely Vacations on Great Exuma
- Requirements for a Great Vacation
- An Exuma Holiday Vacation
- Why Choose Exuma
- Heading South on Great Exuma
- Hideaways Takes a Short Break
- Return of the Lobster on Exuma
- 3 Words to Sound Like a Bahamian
- After Booking a Beach Front Rental
- A Better Day on the Water
- Exuma Vacation Rentals for Families
- New Year, New Look, New Presence