Lovely Vacations on Great Exuma
14. February 2014
You can’t blog about Bahamian beach front vacations in February without highlighting some romantic, couples-focused ideas. Chocolate and flowers are nice, but that view on the right….priceless.
Whether you are taking your sweetie away for Valentine’s Day or have an upcoming wedding, honeymoon, anniversary, or other event to plan, here are some ideas for making her (or his!) time special.
- Start with champagne! How can you go wrong? Many resorts can have a bucket of champagne (or sparkling cider) chilled and waiting for you when you arrive. Just make your request in advance.
- Find at least one great restaurant. In years past, selections were limited for high-end dining on Great Exuma, but that’s changing fast. We can direct you to a scrumptious waterfront location for authentic Italian, an upscale venue specializing in international cuisine, or an array of other wonderful dining experiences to match your tastes and budget.
- Relax and have fun. Why not change into something more comfortable—like a bathing suit? We find some of our most romantic moments aren’t the ones we planned and dressed up for, but rather the casual events that come in between. If you want to keep it private, a boat rental can take you to beautiful beaches few people visit. Pack a cooler and beach gear and you’ve got a perfect, secluded getaway.
- Stay in. If you rent from Hideaways, a waterfront, water view, or garden patio is lovely for dinner or cocktails. And you can keep mornings to yourselves with coffee and breakfast prepared in your kitchen or kitchenette. Or join us at Splash! Wear your PJs. We don’t mind.
- Take home a gift to remember. Quick snaps of your time on Exuma are a must to fill that digital frame, but we can also arrange for a professional photographer to capture the moment. Or consider some local arts and crafts from places like Sandpiper. Whimsical, sea life-inspired pieces like these from Jessica Minns** can keep your Exuma memories alive in your home.
More than other destinations, Great Exuma offers opportunities for seclusion and spontaneity. And yes, a beautiful backdrop for romance, whether just budding or in full bloom.
**Note: we don’t get a commission for our recommendations. We just like to get the word out about local talent.
- Tropical, Beach Front Resort vs. Home Sharing Rentals
- Dining, Entertainment, & Dancing
- The Exuma Island's Upcoming Events
- Little Exuma Island – Lots to Offer!
- A Unique Exuma Excursion Experience
- What to Pack for Your Visit
- Bahamas Beachfront Inspiration
- Save on Your Exuma Vacation
- Summer Break on Exuma
- Bahamian Junkanoo in July
- Independent Exuma Exploration
- An Alternative to Sandals for Exuma
- Exuma is a Premier Beach Wedding Destination
- Bahamian Snorkel and Dive Vacations for All Skill Levels
- 2014 National Family Island Regatta
- Hillside Seclusion and Savings!
- Secrets of the Exumas Revealed
- The Exuma Villa Rental Question Resort or Private
- Bonefishing in the Exumas
- Requirements for a Great Vacation
- An Exuma Holiday Vacation
- Hideaways Resort Upgrades
- Why Choose Exuma
- Heading South on Great Exuma
- Hideaways Takes a Short Break
- Return of the Lobster on Exuma
- 3 Words to Sound Like a Bahamian
- After Booking a Beach Front Rental
- A Better Day on the Water
- Exuma Vacation Rentals for Families
- New Year, New Look, New Presence