Requirements for a Great Vacation
15. January 2014
Of Clean Rooms and Swimming Pigs
A question for you—what do you consider an “absolute must” when choosing a beach front vacation destination? Many of us look for a beautiful locale, great weather, finely appointed rooms, and activities galore. We compare prices and examine photos of various resort options trying to figure out where we’ll find the “perfect” getaway.
Often overlooked in this search are the basics. Clean accommodations should be something that comes with any quality villa or cottage. But those who travel extensively know that not all hoteliers share our viewpoint.
At Hideaways, guaranteeing that all our accommodations are welcoming is something of an obsession—one that has now been recognized.
Hideaways Wins “Top Clean 2013” Award from Venere.com
That’s right. Voted on by website users, this award recognizes our Beachfront Hotel and Hillside Weekly accommodations. Determined exclusively by Venere users’ feedback, it is awarded to only a few properties worldwide.
Guest satisfaction is very important to us, so we have posted this award to our site as a “stamp of approval” that will help communicate to vacationers that we take their comfort seriously. Such an award only makes us double-down on that commitment.
Visit the Swimming Pigs
Thinking about cleanliness brings us to the cleanest pigs we know, the Swimming Pigs of Staniel Cay (see ‘em here on YouTube). Generally rated a “must see” for any Exumas tourist, this attraction is located about 70 miles from Great Exuma. The island is small, so many vacationers enjoy combining a trip up the chain to Staniel with a longer stay in and around George Town, where there is a greater selection of restaurants, resorts, shopping, and even a golf course.
Several trip packages are available from Hideaways to Staniel Cay. Most include not only a visit to the swimming pigs, but snorkeling in Thunderball Grotto (featured in the James Bond movie of the same name), lunch at the yacht club, and a fast and scenic powerboat trip each way. Consider contacting any of these providers to incorporate a Staniel Cay excursion as part of your stay.
- Sugar Adventures Tours
- 4 C's Exuma Water Tours
- Coastline Adventure
- Exuma Water Sports
If you do make the trek, let us know what you think about your experience and the provider you chose in the comments section.
- Welcome to Great Exuma Island….
- Bird Watching in the Exumas
- Tropical, Beach Front Resort vs. Home Sharing Rentals
- Dining, Entertainment, & Dancing
- The Exuma Island's Upcoming Events
- Little Exuma Island – Lots to Offer!
- A Unique Exuma Excursion Experience
- What to Pack for Your Visit
- Bahamas Beachfront Inspiration
- Save on Your Exuma Vacation
- Summer Break on Exuma
- Bahamian Junkanoo in July
- Independent Exuma Exploration
- An Alternative to Sandals for Exuma
- Exuma is a Premier Beach Wedding Destination
- Bahamian Snorkel and Dive Vacations for All Skill Levels
- 2014 National Family Island Regatta
- Hillside Seclusion and Savings!
- Secrets of the Exumas Revealed
- The Exuma Villa Rental Question Resort or Private
- Bonefishing in the Exumas
- Lovely Vacations on Great Exuma
- An Exuma Holiday Vacation
- Hideaways Resort Upgrades
- Why Choose Exuma
- Heading South on Great Exuma
- Hideaways Takes a Short Break
- Return of the Lobster on Exuma
- 3 Words to Sound Like a Bahamian
- After Booking a Beach Front Rental
- A Better Day on the Water
- Exuma Vacation Rentals for Families
- New Year, New Look, New Presence