14. February 2014
You can’t blog about Bahamian beach front vacations in February without highlighting some romantic, couples-focused ideas. Chocolate and flowers are nice, but that view on the right….priceless.
Whether you are taking your sweetie away for Valentine’s Day or have an upcoming wedding, honeymoon, anniversary, or other event to plan, here are some ideas for making her (or his!) time special.
- Start with champagne! How can you go wrong? Many resorts can have a bucket of champagne (or sparkling cider) chilled and waiting for you when you arrive. Just make your request in advance.
- Find at least one great restaurant. In years past, selections were limited for high-end dining on Great Exuma, but that’s changing fast. We can direct you to a scrumptious waterfront location for authentic Italian, an upscale venue specializing in international cuisine, or an array of other wonderful dining experiences to match your tastes and budget.
- Relax and have fun. Why not change into something more comfortable—like a bathing suit? We find some of our most romantic moments aren’t the ones we planned and dressed up for, but rather the casual events that come in between. If you want to keep it private, a boat rental can take you to beautiful beaches few people visit. Pack a cooler and beach gear and you’ve got a perfect, secluded getaway.
- Stay in. If you rent from Hideaways, a waterfront, water view, or garden patio is lovely for dinner or cocktails. And you can keep mornings to yourselves with coffee and breakfast prepared in your kitchen or kitchenette. Or join us at Splash! Wear your PJs. We don’t mind.
- Take home a gift to remember. Quick snaps of your time on Exuma are a must to fill that digital frame, but we can also arrange for a professional photographer to capture the moment. Or consider some local arts and crafts from places like Sandpiper. Whimsical, sea life-inspired pieces like these from Jessica Minns** can keep your Exuma memories alive in your home.
More than other destinations, Great Exuma offers opportunities for seclusion and spontaneity. And yes, a beautiful backdrop for romance, whether just budding or in full bloom.
**Note: we don’t get a commission for our recommendations. We just like to get the word out about local talent.