13. September 2013
5 Things You’ll Find Here and (Almost) Nowhere Else
Vacation time is precious, so finding the right place to spend it can be a difficult decision. We’ll admit to being biased by a love of the Bahamas, but indulge us while we share a few of the things that make Great Exuma, in particular, one of the best places in the world to get away.
1. Clear water. The outislands of the Bahamas boast the clearest waters in the Caribbean with visibility over 100 feet. Whether you’re snorkeling the local reefs or floating above the surface in a kayak, the sights below are sharp and in vivid color. It’s not to be missed.
2. Great fishing. Bonefishing is the casting experience of choice here, and there are numerous hotspots to find unparalleled action, which brings visitors from around the world. But don’t think we’ve left out deep sea fishing. Migratory paths right off Great Exuma make for great catches of mahi-mahi, wahoo, and tuna.
3. Easy travel. You don’t have to start your vacation exhausted from the planes, trains, and automobiles it took to get here. Despite being definitively off the beaten path, Exuma features direct flights from Atlanta, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Toronto. It is one of the least traveled yet most easily accessible tropical destinations for visitors from the U.S. and Canada.
4. Limited development. Who needs another vacation with all the same style restaurants, the same brand name shops, and the same cookie-cutter experiences? More and more vacationers are looking to escape in a way that just doesn’t happen at a chain resort. Exuma remains a small community with limited annual tourism, meaning the locals are welcoming, the nature (especially sea life) is abundant, and the experience unique and uncommercialized.
5. Island culture. From the Carnivale-esque Junkanoo to the traditional sailboat racing during Family Island Regatta, there are various opportunities throughout the year to celebrate the authentic Bahamas. With a history entwined with the Carolinas, England, and the Caribbean, the area mixes cultures in a way that is at once rare and familiar.
If this sounds good, know that a range of villa rentals are available on Great Exuma, including privately sited homes, small developments, and resort-based residences. So take some time to look around to find the right match for you.
Hideaways at Palm Bay is, of course, among your options. We offer 1- and 2-bedroom villas with well appointed kitchens and complete access to our resort facilities, which include two pools, sandy beachfront, watersports equipment, fitness room, and more. Please feel free to explore our site for complete information, or you can go directly to the villa description and pricing page here. Any questions? Just give us a call.